Liebster Award Nomination: My interview
I recently got the surprise that I was nominated for the Liebster Award! An award I had no idea about but which concept is pretty cool: nominate new blogs to get them to be discovered by new people.
A big thank you to Sounds of Adventures for nominating me and ask me questions, which I’m sure will reveal a lot more about me and my personality!
So here’s an introduction about me in 11 points, answering 11 questions about my travel habits and 11 blogs I would recommend checking out.
- I am French but I live in Sydney with my Australian partner since a bit more than a year and half and I definitely don’t want to come back living in France.
- I am passionate about travels and adventures, I have visited more than 46 countries (mostly thanks to my parents!)
- I flew for the first time at three months old to Corsica
- My top countries I visited are the US, Argentina, Brazil, Vietnam and Canada.
- I learned English in an Irish and also American family while a teenager, then I also did a 6 months exchange study in the United States at University of North Carolina at Asheville. That’s also where I met my Aussie partner!
- I'm addicted to photography and surfing. Sometimes I combine the two together!
- I bought my first car 5 months ago and I love it! The perfect car for a road trip.
- As a typical Frenchie, I can not be without bread!
- I work in media relations and I also do graphic design in my work! I love everything creative!
- I played and learned music for 10 years, flute and guitar, but I've probably forgotten everything! I still am totally addicted to music and going to concerts.
- My favorite social network is instagram! Thanks to it, I met some fabulous people and with the same love for photography. Follow me @thefrenchieescapes
My travel experiences:
What is your best trip memory?
I think it is the day I discovered the Taj Mahal in India at sunrise when I was 13 years old. I was really impressed by the beauty of the place. Watching the sunrise made it even more magical!
Your favorite place?
Does it count if I say Sydney?? Now that I live there, I love this city more an dmore everyday for its best and its worse! I think if it wasn’t Sydney, I would probably say Vancouver as I absolutely loved this city when I visited it in 2010.
In which country did you experience a language barrier?
It’s never been too difficult for me as I speak English and I always managed to find someone who could help me out. However, I had a pretty funny and unique experience when I was 15 years old. I spent a week in a friend family who was Belgian from the Flemish side. Their daughter was the same age as me so we quickly became friends. The only problem was that she spoke nothing but Flemish and me it was only French and a bit of English! So for a whole week, the only way to communicate was by signs and lots of laughs! Eventually, we managed to communicate through a translator on the computer. It definitely left me very good memories!
What is the best food that you have eaten abroad?
Surely a pizza near Naples in Italy! The typical margherita pizza, neither too heavy nor too fine, just perfect!
What would you never leave without?
My camera, no doubt! I love to capture travel moments and share them later.
Your favorite quote ?
"But the true voyagers are only those who leave
Just to be leaving; hearts light, like balloons,
They never turn aside from their fatality
And without knowing why they always say: "Let's go!" - Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil.
What is the most WTF situation that you have lived while travelling?
Probably on a safari trip in South Africa, a huge elephant decided he was not very happy to see us so decided to get angry and load toward our 4x4! Thank god the driver managed to get away very quickly. Definitely an impressive and scary moment!
Which country would you never leave?
I think it's already done... Australia!
What story are you the proudest to tell?
Probably having visited 46 countries! But there’s home for improvement, there are still so many countries to discover and everyone can travel nowadays so I don’t think I am an exception anymore!
Do you have a travel tip for us?
Learn some local language or sentences and two or three information on the country you are going to visit. It really makes the difference with locals and can facilitate the travel. Also making people laugh can really make the difference!
Your next trip?
I think it should be New Zealand! To visit my partner’s family but especially a good excuse to discover more about this beautiful country! All the landscape pictures make me dream…
Now here are 11 blogs I nominated and I encourage you to take a look. If you are in this list, you can share your nomination and answer those 11 questions listed below. If you don’t have a blog in here, please comment and make yourself known :)!
Noise And Nuance / Beautiful pictures and poetry
Postcards from Sylvia / Travel and words
Always Sandy / Style and Music
Let’s be Wanderers / Exploring the world
On mets les voiles / Travel french blog
Couloirs ou Hublot / Transit tales
Sound Wave on the Road / Adventure via sound and video
Margari Tachi / Chic lifestyle and travel
Madame Bougeotte / Travel and ideas
Chictales / Three writers from around the world
Let me be free / Travel and family Questions for you to answer:
- Why did you want to create a blog?
- What is inspiring you?
- What is your favourite destination?
- What kind of traveller are you?
- Do you speak several languages? (If not, would you like to learn one?)
- Who would you bring with you for a trip?
- Is there a crazy adventure you would like to try?
- What do you like doing the most while on a trip?
- Is there a country where you would like to live in?
- Are you more a city, ocean, country or mountain person? Why?
- What’s your next adventure?
Don't hesitate to ask me more if you want to know more about me :)